By IE Singapore & SFIC
According to the Q1 2015 Yangon Real Estate Review, new international and local developers & contractors continue to enter Myanmar market. In Q1 2015, 2,000 high-end off plan units were launched and developers are still intending to build at least 15,000 high-end apartments by 2019.
Despite the concerns over residential sales, developers are increasingly focusing on commercial projects by planning at least another 800,000 sqm of new Grade A space by 2019 in the Yangon city. With the strategic urban development themed Yangon 2040, “A City of Green & Gold”, the intensified new property development also include the effort of conserving & restoring Myanmar’s unique heritage buildings with a new lease of life.
Myanmar has much more to offer: the abundant natural resources & proximity to other fast-growing markets in North-east Asia; with the rapid economic growth & positive reforms taking place, it’s a good opportunity for Singapore companies to further explore collaboration with potential Myanmar partners & associates by tapping on the vast opportunities in development of buildings, furniture & furnishing sectors. Jointly organized by IE Singapore and SFIC, the business mission aims to achieve the following objectives:
1) Establish relevant business contacts and initiate business matching for Singapore companies with Myanmar counterparts;
2) Assessing the furniture & furnishing trend and demand by local consumers to fulfil the home furnishing purchase needs;
3) Explore potential partnership with meeting parties through interactive discussion;
4) Seek in-depth knowledge of current development needs, incl. building & construction materials, technical skills set required by local companies for potential partnership;
5) Provide delegates a better understanding of updated legal framework, procedures, tender systems & guidance for foreign partnership.
To register, email to Ms Wong Jia Wei, DID: 6505 9192, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Darric Eu, DID: 6505 9188, E: email@example.com
For other enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.